Friday 4 December 2015

Episode Zero point Six - Half a Dozen Stormtroopers

A long time ago in a galaxy far,
far away


STAR WARS

Episode 0.VI
Half a Dozen STORMTROOPERS


Stormtroopers.  Arguably the most iconic combat regiment in Sci-Fi history and the backbone of the Empire.

For the first mission, Aftermath, I need two squads of three.


 


First, a good undercoat of white, two lighter coats instead of a single heavy coat.



Next is to pick out some of the black details.  The areas not covered by armour, the knee, hip and arm joints, then the fingers & gun.  Finally the eye lenses on the helmet.  Now I'm using a dark grey, so that when I shade them next, this gets darker in the recesses.




Then a good coat of Quick Shade to pick out all the details that FFG have lovingly created.


 

Then the toughest part yet, the drybrush.  As I want to highlight the white back up to a bright white, I need to be careful not to get white paint into the shaded areas.  I find that a fan brush is really good here and I have less paint and more control.  This did take a thick coat to get right and I mostly brushed from the top down.  Here you can see a side by side, one dry brushed, one not.



Then all six had their first dry brush coat done.

 


Then a second coat, with a Gloss White, then a Black touch up, to fix the areas between the armoured plates that got hit with the White dry brush.
Finally, as with all my Imperial troops, the base gets a light grey.

Then a hit with the Matt Vanish to seal it all and protect them.

 

Here is all the figures so far, a couple of squads of Stormtroopers, lead by Imperial Officers and a Probe Droid hoovering in the background.


 

"Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?" - Princess Leia

No comments:

Post a Comment